In the framework of the Hong Kong Maritime Week 2021, Mare Forum and the Hong Kong Maritime and Port Board (“HKMPB”) will host an online round table This round table will be held on Wednesday 3 November at 16:00 PM HONG KONG TIME (09:00 AM CENTRAL EUROPEAN TIME) 90 minutes.RegisterVIEW RECORDING
The themes to be discussed are:
- Challenges, opportunities and risks on the global trade, shipping, economy, regulations and geopolitics; Hong Kong, China and the World.
- Designing zero-carbon ships of the future and what to do until they are ready
- Sense and nonsense about fuels.
A clear view of the design of the ship of the future: sustainability, innovations, new fuels, new ships, new technology, and the commercial viability of all new technological inventions and innovations.
These themes will be discussed again in a holistic approach, in a roundtable consisting of leading experts of the maritime industry chair-holders. They will exchange their thoughts, ideas, and visions.
- Martijn Snijder, Managing Director, Olmar
- Benjamin Wong, Head of Transport & Maritime Cluster, Invest Hong Kong
- John-Kaare Aune, CEO, Wallem
- Joep Gorgels, Managing Director, Global Head Transportation & Logistics, ABN AMRO Bank
- George Xiradakis, Senior Maritime & Investment Banker / Founder, XRTC Business Consultants Ltd.
- Elizabeth Lindstad, Chief Scientist, SINTEF Ocean
- Panos Zachariadis, Fleet Technical Director, Atlantic Bulk Carriers Management Ltd.