MARE FORUM and BUREAU VERITAS will host the first online round table of the series "Designing the Future of Shipping" This theme will be discussed again in a holistic approach, in a roundtable consisting of leading experts of the maritime industry chair-holders. They will exchange their thoughts, ideas, and visions and try to give the answer to the following questions.RegisterVIEW RECORDING
- What do we need to do now to immediately start reducing emissions?
- How do we incentivize early movers but also create effective global regulations that will take more time?
- Is regional regulation a bad thing in the meantime?
- Charterers will pay for GHG emissions but need a global market
- A new wave of retrofits is coming?
- The need for new economic relationships and multi-lateral contracts to capture common benefits
- We need talented people for the future of shipping – where will they come from?
- Decisions made today and in the immediate years ahead will drive ship design and the future shape of shipping
The list of panelists wil be published soon