With the spatial transformation of the global economic power from the West to the East, the rising power of Asian countries and, in particular, China's economy and its maritime sectors like ship-owning, ship management, ship finance, shipbuilding, commodity trading, etc. make Hong Kong, an excellent place for international maritime executives. At the same time, Hong Kong is looking forward to a bright maritime future by capturing the opportunities in high-end maritime services. -> [scroll down..]RegisterVIEW RECORDING
This theme will be discussed in a holistic approach in a roundtable consisting of leading local and International Executives of the maritime industry chair-holders (a maximum of 8 persons).
They will exchange their thoughts, ideas, and visions and try to answer the following questions.
This theme will be discussed in a holistic approach in a roundtable consisting of leading local and International Executives of the maritime industry chair-holders (a maximum of 8 persons). They will exchange their thoughts, ideas, and visions and try to answer the following questions.
- Challenges, opportunities and risks in today's global trade, (sustainable) shipping, economy, and regulations.
- Energy transition status, geopolitics, tensions, wars, globalization and changing trade patterns.
- What's next to come?
- Are we moving into an era of decreased trade tensions and softer regionalism and protectionism?
- Or do we still expect a continuing rise of these phenomena as we have experienced in recent years?
- What are HKs' competitive advantages as an Asian and global shipping hub?
- How can HK increase its competitiveness by tapping into the mainland Chinese market?
- How can HK use its successful maritime cluster as a motor to profit from the ambitious Maritime Silk Road?
- Can the HK Maritime Cluster excellence and the development in the South China region create Asia's first nodal point and attract more global maritime business?
- What are the perspectives on Hong Kong’s position as a global shipping, financial, tax, legal and arbitration centre in relation to China’s views and global maritime business developments?
- Will Hong Kong be one of the Asian principal hubs for financing/funding the Green shipping industry and using alternative ship finance?
- What is the view of HK maritime Leaders?
- What is the view of Global maritime leaders, and what are their requirements from Hong Kong?