Following the successful 6th Mare Forum Istanbul conference held in the past, MARE FORUM with GISBIR, the Turkish Shipbuilders' Association, are pleased to announce the 7th Mare Forum Istanbul 2023, to be held in Istanbul on Wednesday, 17 May (afternoon).... [Scroll down]RegisterVIEW RECORDING
The conference will take place in an open, daring and stimulating environment combined with transparent discussions, with executives actively participating, discussing, debating and will exchanging their thoughts, ideas, visions, and roles in (green) shipping, energy transition, decarbonization, financing, and investing models for today and the future and how the Turkish maritime cluster can design its bright maritime future.
If you are in the shipping business and if you are interested in doing shipping business in Türkiye. Be There.
Hotel Holiday Inn Istanbul - Tuzla Bay
- Ioannis Kostoulas President, Mare forum
- Murat Kiran President, Turkish Shipbuilders Association, GİSBİR
- Cem Seven Chairman, Ship, Yacht and Marine Services Exporters Association, Türkiye
- Tamer Kiran Chairman, Chamber of Shipping, Türkiye
- Suat Hayri Aka Turkish Ambassador to ICAO-International Civil Aviation Organization
- Challenges, opportunities and risks in today's global trade, shipping, economy, and regulations.
- What are the Shipping and trade markets forecasts for 2023 and beyond?
- Energy transition status, energy security, geopolitics, tensions, wars, (de)globalisation, changing trade patterns, supply chain disruption, inflation and USD forecast
- One step back or two steps ahead? Are we stepping back to coal, oil, gas, and nuclear energy modes, and for how long?
- Are the regulators the first movers with global regulations?
- Are regional rules adding complexity or accelerating the transition? What about the IMO?
- Are the market forces the first movers? What are the incentives for first movers to decarbonisation?
- Should the Charterers pay for GHG emissions? OR Should shipowners be the only ones accountable for GHG emissions?
- What is the role of important stakeholders such as Charterers and Ports?
- How can (environmental)regulations become better balanced with market realities?
- How can the shipping industry efficiently respond to local, regional, and international regulations?
- How can we create a synergy between the shipping industry stakeholders?
- Do we need talented and charismatic people for the future of shipping
- Where will they come from?
- Do we need new skills and expertise, plus more diversity in shipping?
- What are the visions of the young generation?
- Diederik Legger Business Development Manager, Marlow Navigation Netherlands B.V.
- Abdülvahit Şimşek Chairman, AVS Global Ship Supply
- Theo Xenakoudis Chief Commercial Officer, Managing Director - Piraeus Office, IRI/Marshall Islands Registry
- Jonathan Le Feuvre Managing Director, SPI Marine in Switzerland
- İbrahim Kontaytekin Vice President , Arkas Shipping and Transport Inc.
- Nikos Marmatsouris Group Senior Marketing Manager, GAC Shipping SA
- Oscar Gomez Managing Director, Aclunaga
- Christophe Tygaat Secretary General, Sea Europe
- Ebru Senkaya , CEO, EOS Group
- Pino Spadafora Marine Commercial Senior Director, RINA Services S.p.A.
- more panellists to be announced
- How exposed is the existing fleet to upcoming legislation, and how do shipowners mitigate risk?
- Are carbon-neutral or zero-carbon operations a target? If so, what are the steps to reach it (e.g. vessel speed, efficiency upgrades, switching to alternative fuels, offsetting etc.)?
- What is now required to start reducing emissions immediately?
- What are possible incentives for first movers to decarbonisation?
- How are alternative fuel suppliers preparing to provide carbon-neutral and zero-carbon fuels for shipping at scale? Are we still stuck in a chicken-and-egg situation, or are we one step further?
- What is the role of charterers, shipowners, capital providers and regulators in the multi-relationship structure of their interests, focusing on sustainable and commercially viable shipping and trading industry?
- Will repair yards have the capacity to deal with an upcoming wave of retrofits? How are they preparing for the challenge?
- What are the necessary changes in port infrastructure, and is there an implementation plan? What are the key priorities?
- Can industry-wide initiatives, such as green corridors, accelerate the industry’s transformation? What does it take for them to be successful?
- What can we do now to help accelerate the availability of zero-carbon ships while at the same time reducing shipping’s footprint: slow steaming, retrofits, ESG reporting, and verification
- What are the key lessons to be learned?
- Ozge Ersoz Gumuskaynak Commercial Director, Middle East, Turkey and Caspian Area, RINA
- Erhan Esinduy Foreign Relations Commission Member, Turkish Shipbuilders Association, GISBIR
- Geert Dokter Managing Director, Conoship International BV
- Ferhat Acuner General Manager and Board Member, NAVTEK DENİZ TEKNOLOJİSİ A.Ş.
- Asli Yaldiz Oztekin Principal Research and Rule Development Engineer, Turk Loydu
- Ankush Gour Managing Director, Nordic Hamburg Shipmanagement (HK) Ltd
- Arda Ozan Demircelik Marketing Manager, TK Tuzla Shipyard
- Roberto Sergio Marketing Manager, Besiktas Shipyard
- Prof.Dr. Mustafa Insel Head of Technical Affairs and R&D commission of GISBIR / TÜRKLİM
- Ömer Berkay Dağlı AVS Global Ship Supply & Catering / Chief Innovation Officer
- Vehbi Barkın Sunay, Marketing Manager- Gemak Group of Companies
- Dimitris Charisoglou Regional Marketing Manager, Seltas Shipyard
- Cihan Bayrak Operation Manager, Ceksan Shipyard
- Noel Tomlinson Global Business Development, Comercial Maritime, BMT
- more panellists to be announced
- Financing and Investments
- what are the key performance criteria lenders evaluate when providing funds to shipowners?
- What are the trends in banking, alternative ship finance, bonds and other models of finance and investments on the way to decarbonisation?
- What will be the future role of the Turkish, European and global banks in the industry (in the context of the increased role of alternative finance providers)?
- What are the benefits of the features of Alternative Finance to the global shipping industry?
- Will pension fund money flow into the international shipping debt markets, and what is required for this to happen?
- Will the maritime green trend accelerate in case the role of alternative finance in shipping increases?
- Will alternative finance focus more on new-build financing or on second-hand? - How do shipping companies choose an appropriate lender?
- Lending has become highly diverse; what are the most common alternative financing structures?
- Is there competition between banks and alternative capital providers?
- Michiel Steeman, Managing Partner, Zuyderzee Capital
- Rona Kaspi Partner, AKT Law Firm
- Kartal Cona Managing Director, Direct Ship Finance
- Chris Vartzis Partner, Stephenson Harwood
- Murat ÖZBİÇER Portfolio Manager, QNB Finansbank
- Sena Apak Heuvels Managing Partner, Sena Apak Heuvels
- Gülsev Yıldızturan C&B More Rotterdam
- Jonathan Le Feuvre Managing Director, SPI Marine, Switzerland
- Ian Hughes Partner, HFW
- Christos Georgiadis Investment Manager, Australis Maritime Limited
- Burçin Yılmaz Head of Finance, Cemre Shipyard.
- Metin Düzgit Owner, Duzgit Group
- more panellists to be announced
- How does Turkiye compare to other maritime nations' maritime clusters
- How can the competitiveness of the Turkish shipping Cluster be increased?
– What has been done and what to do next?
- What must be the role of the State?
- What is needed from the industry?
- Prof. Oral Erdoğan Chairman, Türk Loydu Foundation
- Cihan Ergenç, President, Turkish Shipowners Association
- Mustafa Talha Pepe Board Member, Hatsan Shipyard / Ship and Yacht Exporters Association, Türkiye
- Mehtap Ozdemir Secretary General, Turkish Shipbuilders Association, GISBIR
- Murat Erişti Financial Advisor, Turkish Shipbuilders Association, GISBIR
- Ertuğ Yaşar Managing Director, Elkon
- Ismail Hakki Helvacioglu Dean of Engineering Faculty, Piri Reis University
- Aydın Erdemir President, Türklim
- Burcu Berrak Board Member, Wista
- more panellists to be announced soon
Cocktail reception hosted by
Dinner hosted by
Holiday Inn Istanbul - Tuzla Bay, an IHG Hotel
If you want to book a room at the conference venue using the discounted Mare Forum rates, please get in touch with the hotel by email and mention "Mareforum" firstname.lastname@example.org